The Godfather vs. Jaws

15 comments

4 comments

gotta go with the godfather, but jaws belongs in the same breath.

Really, I have to choose between these two... Ya I guess I would have to go with godfather, Jaws is a great story and characters but Godfather is an Epic tale

I honestly can't decide. Both are masterpieces. I think I'm leaning towards Godfather, just because I've seen it more recently. Jaws is right up there, though. Damn, that's tough.

Godfather sucks and its too booring and lengthy. Jaws is much better than that awful Godfather movie.

Godfather

Mob Family over one Shark any day...but wow what a choice

Rage Quit. I cannot answer this, my brain would explode

Both have been cited as the two best movies of the 70's. Godfather wins.

Godfather for me. Even though they are both in my top 10.

What a tough one....The Godfather by a hair....

Very easy for me...The Godfather. Just the definition of perfection. I found Jaws great in the first half but the 2nd half really let me down. The Godfather has an amazing story, characters and is a perfect adaptation

I actually really liked the second half of Jaws but, yeah, The Godfather stands tall in this matchup.

Hahahaha

Godfather for me

Jaws kicks godfathers ASS.

Jaws isn't the better movie, i mind Jaws sucks! and the godfather is the greatest masterpiece in cinema history

ear
ear

The Godfather of course.

I guess in both films, you sleep with the fishes once you're dead.

Both are absolute classic movies but The Godfather is still a cut above Jaws

Jaws Win High-Eztreme Diff

Jaws is trillion times better. Godfather is so boring and slow as a snail, and wooden acting as well. Godfather is a horrible shitty movie.

If people don't like The Godfather, sure, they have different tastes, but people who call it a bad movie make me question if we saw the same movie. I love Jaws's intense finale and memorable characters, but there are so many iconic and powerful scenes in The Godfather that still glue me to the screen to this day, from the restaurant murder, to the tollbooth scene, to Sonny beating Carlo, and of course, the baptism murders.