Dunkirk vs. The Dark Knight

2 comments

13 comments

Nolan's best vs his latest garbage.

Dunkirk is cinema's best accomplishment since the days of Hitchcock/Kubrick! It returns to that gritty style of filmmaking and my heart has never beat so fast during a movie in my life! After seeing The Dark Knight: Who would've thought Health Ledger would've been so great? After seeing Dunkirk: Who would've thought Harry Styles would've been so great (and he has one scene that gave me goosebumps)?

Nolan has officially raised his transcendent cinematic treasury to a PERFECT 10!!!

The Dark Knight remains Nolan's magnum opus and overall masterpiece.

Dunkirk most definitely wins

Dunkirk was really good, The Dark Knight was great.

Dunkirk is forgettable slop. The Dark Knight was something special. What's to compare???

Nolan proves his mastercraft with both these films, but at the end of the day, only one had Heath Ledger's performance.

The Dark Knight but I'll give Nolan major props for keeping up with the unrealistic expectations his films have come to carry. Two decades into filmmaking and the dude's still killing it.

Dunkirk, fairly easy.

idk tbh

Nolan has never made a bad movie. I choose the dark knight

The Dark Knight...in a close one...

Nolan is a rare director that has never made a bad film, and neither of these two are exceptions. Both are phenomenal, but I would say Dunkirk is better simply because of how amazing it is on a technical level. It's so far above TDK in that regard that it's actually hard to even try comparing them.

Okay, I changed my mind on this one. I give it to TDK

Both are some of Christopher Nolan's best but The Dark Knight wins.

I still love Dunkirk, it's a great war movie, but I also feel like it could be better. The Dark Knight isn't only Nolan's best, but also one of the best movies ever made