Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare vs. A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child

4 comments

3 comments

Final Nightmare was in my opinion the worst of them all I'll take number 5

The two worst of the series. I'll take Final Nightmare over 5 though. 5 was terrible.

Final Nightmare, if only because I can actually *remember* it. 5 is so forgettable. Plus, I thought The Final Nightmare had somewhat stronger direction.

Both are very very bad. Nightmare 6 for the win.

I liked Final Nightmare. 5 is the worst of the bunch.

I like all 5 before Freddy's Dead, that one not so much, so Dream Child wins.

Not a fan of either. Freddy's Dead was a bit worse in my opinion.

Both of these films are awful, but Freddy's Dead is slightly worse.

Freddy's Dead is one of the most bizarre films I've ever watched, so I guess it wins?

Ugh, I have to choose between these two? Can’t I just pick neither? They’re both horrendous on the same level, turning the once terrifying Freddy K. Into a Loony Tunes character (and not a funny one). Both also have just nonsensical plots. Just throwing all logic and rules out the window to tell horrible stories. Not to mention they’re empty nothing characters that die in the goofiest ways possible. Speaking of that, both of these films have some of the most embarrassing scenes ever. Super Freddy? That kid wanting to be Freddy? Freddy playing a video game? That stupid ear drum nightmare with the cartoon sound effects? Freddy pretending to be the witch of The Wizard of Oz? That GD fetus Freddy??? Gah these films are so bad they make Dream Master look like Dream Worriers! Like I said they’re tied in terms of terribleness. But I think that video game scene, Dream Demons (AKA basically Freddy’s origin), and last 10 minutes of 3D in Freddy’s Dead give The Dream Child the edge… Maybe?

2nd worst vs 4th worst of the franchise. The Dream Child wins...?