Ip Man vs. Drunken Master

6 comments

7 comments

So, yeah.

Knew it would be you. Am I the only one who finds the Ip Man movies overrated? The 10-on-1 bit was excellent, but I'd rather watch Yen and Yip's modern-day stuff any day of the week.

Maybe a little. Donnie has a lot of great action scenes that he does his best to hide in less tha great movies. lp Man doesn't have his best fights, but l still think it's his best "film" by some margin.

I'm not keen on the patriotic angle his movies have been taking over the last few years.

I'm not keen on the patriotic angle his movies have been taking over the last few years.

Neither am I. Bores me to tears. True Legend was even worse, in that respect. I was so excited to see Yuen Woo-Ping directing again, but the last third of that movie went two miles past disappointing.

And I'll agree. It probably is his best "film". But I'll take the theatrics of something like Sha Po Lang over Ip Man's "seriousness". I don't hate it. Not at all. It's just overrated.

Ip Man: Better character development and a memorably honorable villain.

Definatly Ip Man

I also gotta roll with Ip Man....

Woah woah WOAH! Just realized OneFuckTooMany and ToryK cheated with multiple responses; Balancing now.

Balancing comment

And this last comment should balance out the multiple-response cheating of OneFuckTooMany and ToryK above

Wtf, asshole. They're debating about the movies. THAT'S WHAT matchups are about. Debating. There's no such shit as "multiple-response cheating" (sometimes it's called spam/flood), and you're not Jeremy Thompson nor Nathan Chase, so you can't make rules.