Life of Pi vs. The Hunger Games

4 comments

4 comments

my favorite movie of 2012 so far (i haven't seen django or the hobbit) vs one of the biggest disappointments of 2012.

I have to take the opposing view on this. I found Life of Pi rather boring.

I liked them both, but The Hunger Games was better. In fact, it was one of the more pleasant surprises from last year.

The Hunger Games was definitely a pleasant surprise, but Life of Pi was incredible; my second favourite of 2012 behind Skyfall (and the best of the Best Picture nominees IMO). And that's coming from the point-of-view of an atheist who went to watch the film that was guaranteed to "make me believe in God" (it didn't, but that's beside the point).

JRM
JRM

The Hunger Games wasn't bad, but I would definitely say it's disappointing. Life of Pi was extraordinary from start to finish, and was the biggest surprise of he year next to Perks of Being a Wallflower.

The Hunger Games. Life of Pi was quite the visual achievement...but ultimately nothing I'd care to watch again...

The Hunger Games was a pleasant surprise, but Life of Pi is up there with my favorite Ang Lee films. It has better story, visuals, and narrative. Life wins here.

Hunger Games for me!