The Wolverine vs. X-Men: First Class

5 comments

14 comments

Well, it took a while but Fox proves they finally get it. Maybe it was Marvel Studios success that woke them up but these two films are amazing. The Wolverine just does everything right and is better.

These are my two favorite X-Men films and the only ones that I can honestly say that I loved. First Class is however my favorite.

First Class wins...but The Wolverine was definitely a step in the right direction...

first class was a little boring and had two many characters.I still liked it but not as much as the wolverine.

The quote holds true. First Class can go f**k themselves. The Wolverine wins.

Both pretty solid, but Wolverine is more my style.

The modern era Fox seems to get it! Both of these are wonderful films. Bring on DOFP!

Already erect for DOFP (even in spite of Jennifer Lawrence's repulsiveness).

"-even in spite of Jennifer Lawrence's repulsiveness" You a crazy motherfucker...

Umm...just what the hell is going on here? First Class is probably my favorite Marvel film, perhaps even surpassing the original Spiderman. The historical fiction combined with the strong character growth and relationships were astounding, and it was a great experience watching everything fall into place. The best reviews I ever heard about The Wolverine were that it was "slightly better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine", and while I was looking forward to the film because of its oriental setting, I felt it ruined itself in the end. X-Men First Class, or no class.

X2 is (for now) the best X-title yet, and the battle for nÂș2 is a close one between these two titles. The Wolverine gets points for being faithful to its source material, however the chinese drama of sorts and some goofy moments took away points as well. Going with First Class as I found it more interesting.

First Class is the second best X-Men film in my opinion only behind X2. The Wolverine was a great movie and all, but First Class is more entertaining and less flawed, so it wins here.

I liked The Wolverine ... a whole lot. Still, First Class is without question my favorite X-Men movie. Top 3 would look like this: First Class>X2>The Wolverine.

Easily First Class. One of my favorite Marvel films, probably even my favorite one so far followed by The Avengers (I still need to (re)watch a bunch of other Marvel films though). The Wolverine wasn't bad, but...it wasn't all that good either. It was meh; I felt really indifferent about it while watching it, even though it's miles ahead of Origins. The pacing was sluggish and the action scenes were only okay. First Class on the other hand had the much more interesting characters, a much more memorable score and some truly bad-ass imagery. Easy win for First Class.

My two favorite installments in the X-Men franchise. The Wolverine is my favorite.

I'm not a comic nerd so I didn't know any character is Wolverine. First Class wins for having a plot I cared about.

For fun....X2, DOFP, First Class, X-Men, Apocalypse, Wolverine. (All well done) Last Stand, Origins (awful)

logan > x2 > dofp > fc > wolverine > x1 >> apocalypse >= x3 > origins >= DP

first class is overall okay but wolverine is beyond forgotten annoying bad second solo movie of its trilogy, in fact first class is flawed in its terms

First Class really isn't as good as the first two X-Men movies for me, but it's so much better than the first two Wolverine movies