The 40-Year-Old Virgin vs. Knocked Up

6 comments

7 comments

Arg! Tough choice.

i think they both great, but I prefer Virgin

Of the two leading men, I prefer Steve Carell. Of the two films, though, I prefer Knocked Up.

This is so tough. I prefer Seth Rogen to Steve Carell, but I think Virgin is a better film overall.

As far as A-plots, I think "Virgin" is the better of the two. That said, what puts "Knocked Up" over the top is its B-plot about the stalled relationship between Leslie Mann & Paul Rudd's characters.

There both amazing but I find myself quoting Virgin in my life so much more than Knocked Up.

Even though I hate Katherine Heigl, I still prefer Knocked Up. Although The 40-Year-Old Virgin is great, Knocked Up is consistently funnier and has higher peaks of funny.

Virgin just because Catherine Keener is in it over Heigl

Being a father, the song at the win of Knocked Up is a win here

funny both

40 Year Old Virgin by far. Knocked Up was good though.

Two of the best Apatow films and comedies of the 2000's but the heart and cast of 40 year old Virgin wins this close call battle!

Like both, but it's Virgin.

ear
ear

Virgin is too funny to lose here.

I would choose Virgin if it didn't have the scene where Leslie Mann vomits all over Steve Carell and his first starring role. Seriously? His first starring role and thats what he gets? Vomit humor is always the bottom of the barrel for me. I'd rather laugh at fart joke than to see one my favorite actors get sprayed with vomit.