Charlie Wilson's War vs. Iron Man 2

4 comments

1 comments

Iron Man 2 all the way here.

Charlie Wilson is kind of like Tony Stark, as far as digging the chicks and alcohol and being a lot more intelligent than his reckless behavior indicates. Both try to make the world a better place with weaponry. And Amy Adams is sort of Wilson's Pepper Potts. I gotta say that Iron Man 2 was a letdown, though. Charlie Wilson's War was funny and easy to like, with plenty of hot women on display. Iron Man 2 had the potential to be good for the same reasons, but it didn't turn out that way. Charlie Wilson's War is actually more like the original Iron Man in terms of why I like it than Iron Man 2 is. Go figure.

ear
ear

Charlie Wilson's War was too political an uninteresting to win here. Iron Man 2 had some good moments and easily wins here.

Opportunism and Zen mastery. CW'sW is a shrewdly designed film that wields a deceptive cynicism. Iron Man 2 doesn't really do much of anything.

I'll pick the one that doesn't have the idiotic "National Treasure" inspired plot thread.

If this were any other Iron Man, Wilson would be up shit creek. But Iron Man 2 is the fucking shit Ganges.