The Jungle Book vs. The Fox and the Hound

1 comments

5 comments

Wow, classic Disney vs classic Disney. Both incredible in their own right. However, Ima gonna go with Jungle Book based soley on its more catchy tunes.

I'm going to go with The Fox and the Hound based solely on the fact that it lacks those so-called "catchy tunes." And, even though it dove-tails into rather maudlin territory in the second half, at least it starts out well. The Jungle Book never really got going for me. Mostly because of the songs, all of which I had heard numbers of times over the years and came to rather dislike by the time I watched The Jungle Book. I mean, I understand why songs such as "Hakuna Matata" gained popularity, but I am baffled by the adoration "The Bear Necessities" gets.

Tough choices, but The Jungle Book gets my vote. No contest.

I'm gonna go with Fox and the Hound on this one. Yes I know, Jungle Book has those "catchy tunes" by the Sherman Brothers (one of my favorite song-writing teams, of all time) but I'm going with FaTH for it's themes and that ending which was bittersweet.

Fox and the Hound is better in every way.

I'm gonna go with Fox and the Hound on this one. I loved Jungle Book as a kid, but now as an adult, I just prefer the themes and the ending for FaTH.