Rocky II vs. Rocky

3 comments

22 comments

Oh geez....This is a tough one because Rocky II is a worthy follow-up to Rocky. In fact, I might even consider it a continuation of the same story. I may finish this comment, but I don't know if I can choose...

I enjoyed the sequel, but for me the original 'Rocky' was an amazing experience that cannot be topped.

The sequel is good, no doubt , but Rocky I is one of the first movies I saw and it have been always great in my mind. For me its timeless

Have to say Rocky 1 tops the sequel even though I enjoyed it very much.

Hardest Decision Flickchart has ever given me because I love both these movies dearly. I have to go with the Original but it's damn close.

Good sequel. Rocky actually beats Apollo. Still, the first was a difference maker in movies.

The second film was the only worthwhile sequel in the entire series. I wish it would have stopped there. That being said, the original blows the second out of the water.

The Rocky series did take a turn towards the absurd after Rocky II, but I do believe Rocky III and Rocky IV are "worthwhile" movies, if only for their high entertainment value. As for this matchup, it's a no-brainer. 1976's Rocky is easily the best film in the series. Yo, Adrian!

rocky by a mile.

Rocky II is the best of the series.

The original embodies what Rocky is.

No contest. The family drama in Rocky II felt a little like soap opera and it seemed to be only an excuse for Rocky to finally triumph over Creed. I even liked Rocky III better.

Rocky. By KO.

Well the first

Rocky 2 is just as good as the first as well as the 3rd one but the original wins cause you feel more for the characters the first time its fresh and heartfelt plus the music and up close action scenes are better.

ROCKY II is the best, without question

Rocky 2 was awesome yet not even the best sequel which is why the Franchise is so great! but yeah Rocky is one of the great triumphant sports films ever so it wins.

Rocky is a top 20 all-time film for me, so this isn't close, but Rocky II is an amazing sequel and deserves credit in it's own right for the storylines it creates. How both fighters are torn with life away from the 1st fight. Terrific sequel.

Rocky is the few franchises where all entries are worthy films Balboa is one of the few Characters in film history that seems real and a everyman, that you repeat your cheers time and time again! Rocky has the most heart and redemption though!

I like them equal. While I cried in, and that gave me instant goosebumps, Rocky II, and Rocky didn't do it for me, I feel it's the better movie.

Rocky

ear
ear

Rocky was never as good as his first round movie.

Rocky II is great, but Rocky is the better made film.

Rocky. Better made film.

Rock where have you gone? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you...

Rocky II is the best Rocky movie and I'm tired of pretending it's not

i actually enjoyed rocky ii far more than the first one...