The Third Man vs. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

0 comments

5 comments

Tough! I don't think that Dr. Strangelove has aged as much as The Third Man (good as it is, there's no denying there are some moments that are a wee bit outdated), but The Third Man has lots to love that Dr. Strangelove doesn't have. I can't choose! This is too hard. I guess I have to go with my gut instinct, and choose Dr. Strangelove, but my mind will probably change over time. Still, for now, Strangelove it is.

Dr. Strangelove is my favorite from Kubrick and it is one of the most hilarious films I've ever seen. Easy choice.

Both great, but I choose Dr. Strangelove.

Strangelove as it's kubrick.

Tough indeed!!! I honestly don't know. I'll go with The Third Man for now, but that may change in the future.

I couldn't really get into The Third Man so Kubrick wins by quite a bit.

Definitely going with Dr. Strangelove.

The Third Man I find more interesting than Dr. Strangelove at least right now. Very difficult choice

"There's no fighting in here, this is the War Room!" vs "In Italy, for 500 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had 500 years of brotherly love, democracy, and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock." Paraphrased, my two favorite lines in all of film.