Star Wars vs. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

25 comments

13 comments

You evil, diabolical bastards... This is like Sophie's Choice... which one of my kids do I save..? Least its not Raiders and Empire...

Best of the original Indy trilogy vs. worst of the original Star Wars trilogy? This isn't hard at all.

Indeed this is the best of the Indy series and it easily trumps 'Star Wars'.

I'm sorry, but did someone just suggest that "Star Wars episode VI: Han Visits Muppet Island" is better than the original? For shame, sir.

Dang I love both of these movies. I can't really say I like one more than the other, but I'm going to vote for Indy.

'Worst of the original Star Wars trilogy'?! -- 'easily trumps Star Wars'?!!! -- I LOVE Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade. It's funny and one of the more rewatchable and entertaining movies ever made. But come on, Raiders is miles ahead of it and Crusade doesn't hold a candle to Star Wars.

Let me clarify: I find Raiders and Last Crusade to be basically equal; it is Sean Connery who tips the scales for me. And yeah, in my humble opinion, the best Star Wars movies are the two that were not directed or solely written by George Lucas. It's true: the Ewoks spelled the beginning of the end, but as a kid, I loved them. When I was 13, Return of the Jedi was easily my favorite Star Wars movie. (Now, it would be Empire, of course.) I love Star Wars. But the original is not really THAT good, at least in terms of story and dialogue.

For this, close call but starwars. The ending of last crusade was abit silly and ill-logical, when starwars had a epic sci-fi ending. Also To understand crusade you would need to watch the first films when starwars sets up the story for you.

Star Wars is an iconic game changer with great pacing and fresh ideas at every turn. Last Crusade is good but not nearly in the same conversation. Star Wars and it isn't close. BTW ... Han shot first!

I like Star Wars, but I love Indiana Jones. They're both classics, but the entire Indiana Jones Trilogy is above Star Wars for me. I do recognize it's important and am ready for any verbal I may receive for saying Star Wars is not as good as Indiana.

@shadownate: I'm with you.

...Well, with the caveat that Empire and maybe Jedi might beat Temple of Doom, of course. (And we fully acknowledge that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is NOT a part of the Indiana Jones Trilogy...)

This would have been pretty hard at one point. But Star Wars has grown on me alot I I'd choose over Crusade without much hesitation now

Star Wars is by far supirior to The Last Crusade. Star Wars is the winner here.

Dang it. I have a feeling this will change constantly on my list. For now, I'm putting Star Wars higher.

I was right. It changed. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade takes the lead.

Star Wars.

Finally, there is someone else in the Flickchart world that thinks that A New Hope is the worst Star Wars out of the original. I thought I was the only one. Indy blows Luke out of the water

Star Wars is my number one movie - you put it against Raiders and maybe you'd have a competition, but this is a no brainer.

In spite of its flaws and a rather uninspired Raiders approach, Last Crusade is still a more enjoyable experience than Star Wars.

Yes, I'm going with Last Crusade

Sean Connery killing nazis with seagulls mad me laugh hysterically! But I have to give it to Star Wars.

This one is extremely tough. I think I'll go with Star Wars.

Nothing beats Star Wars, not even a movie as great as Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Sean Connery has got to be one of the best sidekicks in movie history, still, it is Star Wars.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is not as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark but it is alot better than Temple of Doom. So Star Wars takes the lead this time.

Going with Dr. Jones

As of right now, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade takes the lead for now on and it is even alot better than Star Wars: A New Hope.

I Love them both but Star Wars: A New Hope is alot better than Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. So, Star Wars: A New Hope by far.

I Think that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade takes the lead this time and I was right.

For the Last Time, I am going with Star Wars: A New Hope against Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in this matchup.

How is this even a close discusiion??? Indy OT is cool, but none of 'em can compare to Star War ep 4's ground-breaking awesomeness!

I was right. I think that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade takes the lead for now on.

So next week you're wrong again? Or...right...again...again? Or...left?

Also: stop with slowly copying my list :V .

So 75% of the Indy votes are from the same 5 ppl?? Yea this tally is bs and Star Wars wins!

So 75% of the Indy votes are from the same 5 ppl?? Yea this tally is bs and Star Wars wins!

All Indy films lose to Star Wars except Raiders. But this is a film that loses to Star Wars, so I give it to Star Wars by a whisker

All Indy films lose to Star Wars except Raiders. But this is a film that loses to Star Wars, so I give it to Star Wars by a whisker

Yep, no second thoughts on that.

Star Wars for me.

Who am I kidding, Star Wars is better. I rewatched Last Crusade today, and its flaws have become more apparent to me. Still, it's an extremely entertaining flick. Star Wars is less flawed, though.

Star Wars. It's just too damn good, even against Indy III.

Last Crusade.

Best Star Wars movie vs. 2nd best Indiana Jones ? Star Wars by far, but Raiders > Star Wars

Star wars has more holes in its plot compared to my favourite Indy movie.Yeah Lastcrusade gets the win here

Star Wars smashes.

Star Wars is a far greater masterpiece. Indy sucks.

ANH beats every indy movie for me