The Big Lebowski vs. No Country for Old Men

7 comments

10 comments

No. This was unexpected. 'Lebowski' vs 'Old Men'. Both ends of the Coen spectrum. Oh man. This is just cold-blooded. To me, BOTH are perfect examples of the dual sided coin these Brothers can create. Darn you. Coin flip time again....this and 'Clockwork' vs 'Taxi Driver' was the first time I hit the brakes..now this...

2 greats, but just one utterly unique classic. Call it, friendo.

God, this is tough. Agreeing with other comment, this is the Coens at their best on the far ends of their spectrum. Although No Country is a "better" and more important film, Lebowski would be coming along to that famous desert island with me. The Dude takes it.

ear
ear

These are both going to my desert island with me. I love the Dude but Friendo beats the coin toss.

I love the Dude a lot more than A Country for Old Men.

Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski. Both are excellent works from the Coens, but I guess I like funny Coens better than serious Coens. The Big Lebowski has very memorable characters, and is one of the most quotable movies ever made.

"You going to shoot me?" "That depends. Do you see me?" Win goes to No Country.

No Country is the best Coen Brothers film I have seen.

Gotta go with The Dude....

I liked The Big Lebowski, don't get me wrong. But No Country for Old Men is a brilliant film, so I'll give this one to No Country.

The Dude always wins.

Oh fuck. I new it would come to this one day. God dammit flickchart, I was getting along fine until now.

Two awesome Coen Brothers films and two awesome Nam veterans. No Country wins by a small margin.

I loved The Big Lebowski, but No Country is still something else to me.

Apples and oranges. The Coens at their best in suspenseful, thematic drama and the Coens at their best in screwball comedy. Gun to the head, have to go with the drama that moves me and in which I discover new elements every time over the comedy that makes me laugh every time.

No Country for sure.

Love the grimier No Country

No Country For Old Men has such good cinematography and editing so it was better for sure.

No Country was brilliant, so I gotta give it the nod