The Big Lebowski vs. Office Space

8 comments

2 comments

0_o

Admittedly, I am baffled by the following The Big Lebowski has. There are moments I love, mind you, but the Coen Brothers have produced far better works that go relatively unnoticed by comparison. Office Space has been hyped to astronomical levels as well, yet manages to come near attaining the brilliance it is claimed to exhibit. And not just in the occasional scene, either. It delivers from start to finish and its hype is only blown out of proportion, not misguided.

Office Space is a great comedy that I really like but I have to go with Lebowski here because there has never been a main character in a movie quite like the Dude

Both of these movies are brilliant (I'm not British either...). Both have some of the most memorable characters and one-liners of any comedy in recent history. They both also have un-funny segments in them. Once Peter gets over his hypnothearapy in Office Space, and when the bowling opera happens in Lebowski. A good comedy is one that is funny after multiple viewings. I still catch myself watching these on cable, even when I have the DVD. I would have to give the edge to The Big Labowski, as the plot is more engaging, but both are excellent.

The Dude, the F'ing Jesus....just too much for Office Space to handle...

This is an excruciating decision...

The Big Lebowski wins in a blowout.

Stolen rug >>> stolen stapler. Gotta go with the Coens.

I am not out of my element.

Aaargh! What's happening?

Office Space did not age well, at least not as well as Lebowski did