A Quiet Place vs. Hereditary

2 comments

6 comments

on 6/10/2018

I appreciate what A Quiet Place was trying to do, and I like what it did a lot. But the truth is, it’s pretty simplistic and relies a lot on its gimmick. I do have to see Hereditary again, but for now, I really like it because of how complex it was and how real the characters are. Easily my two favourite movies for the year!

ear
ear

on 6/17/2018

What Eagleskywalker said and these are my two favorite films of the year as well.

Rac
Rac

on 6/21/2018

A Quiet Place was entertaining, watchable, but very very dumb. Hereditary is true horror.

on 9/6/2018

A Quiet Place wins this one for me. I really didn't like Hereditary. Is it demonic, is it satanic, is it a ghost movie? Too many themes happening here. A Quiet Place knows exactly what it is with a unique and clear presentation.

on 11/5/2018

Two of this year's best horror flicks for sure. Very hard to pick one I prefer.

on 1/2/2019

I didn't liked A Quiet Place all that much. It's a fine piece of horror and I actually appreciated it very much. But as a movie, it simply failed to entertain me. I had way too high expectations for Hereditary, especially because it's a movie that reminds me of someone important for some reason. I actually was kinda of letdown as for the plot and storytelling, but it was legitimately shocking and well-made. Both are well-made, but Hereditary is just a more resonating movie overall.

on 2/10/2019

Hereditary had a lot more depth which kept me interested

on 6/6/2019

A Quiet Place is nothing but a very big piece of crap. It's filled with plot holes and the ending is an absolute joke. Hereditary is great!