Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones vs. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

7 comments

3 comments

Ugh. Do I have to decide..?

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is probably slightly less bad.

Clones was certainly better than Phantom Menace but not up to par with the original 3 Star Wars films. Crystall Skull also was not up to par with the original Indiana Jones movies but still a decent movie. Give me Star Wars.

Is there a neither option?

George Lucas learned a lot from The Phantom Menace and Clones is an improvement in every area. But he had learned a LOT more by the time they made Indiana Jones 4, and I'm going to contradict the whiny fanboys and state that the script for Indy's fourth outing is almost as good as Raiders -- if you can look past some dumb CG action scenes, it's wholly enjoyable.

It's the DIALOGUE that kills Attack of the Clones. It is really, really terrible, especially in the "romantic" scenes. Meanwhile, I get what they were trying to do with Crystal Skull: If the first three Indy movies are homages to 1930s adventure serials, then, 20 years later, Crystal Skull is an homage to 1950s sci-fi B movies. And on that level, it sort of works. The problem is, it's still an INDIANA JONES movie, and it doesn't feel like an Indiana Jones movie. Anyway, I certainly want to give it another try, and it's arguably almost as "fun" as Temple of Doom, but not having that Indy feel hurts it, in my mind. Nonetheless, it's not as painful as Attack of the Clones.

I didn't hate either movie. I didn't love them either.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was a good attempt at re-making a Indie film. Ford was good in it and it was nice. But Star Wars is my love and I really liked episode 2 because it was the first time Yoda fought with his lightsaber!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal is the 3rd Best Indiana Jones Film but Attack of the Clones is a really bad movie.

Hey, I Liked Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. In my opinion, I must admit that The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are the most boring Star Wars Movies of the Star Wars Saga.

Crystal Skull was just more fun.

Ooh, another close one. I think I'd rather watch Attack of the Clones.

Oof. I guess Crystal Skull doesn’t have such horrific writing in the romance scenes

SW 1-6 >>>>>>>> Indian Johns 4

This one is tricky for me because they are two of my favourite guilty pleasure movie, but just star wars.