Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones vs. Die Hard 2

3 comments

6 comments

Look...I was sorely disappointed by the Star Wars prequels; wasn't everyone? But let's be honest: when comparing #2 movies, Ep. II is CLEARLY better than the hollywood-polished turd known as Die Hard 2, a movie so ineptly derivative it requires calculus to fully comprehend its suckocity.

Seriously? Man, I like Die Hard 2. Though it is clearly the weakest entry in its franchise, it's the best movie Renny Harlin is ever going to make.

And no movie's dialogue has ever made me cringe so much as that in Episode II.

Interesting that you bring up dialogue, because the dialogue of Die Hard 2 runs like a montage of bad 80's cop movie cliche lines; I've never heard "it'll be your ass", "Move your fat ass", "Get your thumb out of your ass", "Lead in your ass" or various other ass references more in a major motion picture (and it doesn't help that the ass in question is usually Dennis Franz's). Not to mention how stupid the movie looks now when every sucker that gets offed flails his arms wildly while blood squibs go off in slow motion.

LOL! Nice point. :-)

The more I think about it, the more it seems to come down to this: I've seen plenty of bad movies. (We all have.) I've never not had at least a bit of fun with Die Hard 2. Attack of the Clones, meanwhile, is the only time I can think of when I went in wanting to love a movie, and the cheesiness of the dialogue actually took me out of the experience, the first time through. I'm sure I was rolling my eyes in the theater. Of course, Die Hard 2 is hardly Shakespeare, but it never caused me to cringe from its bad dialogue. (That's a lot of "@$$", isn't it?) Maybe my expectations were too high for Star Wars, even after Episode I...

Die Hard 2 the weakest of the franchisw? No, that honor belongs to the latest installment...

I agree. Die Hard 5 is the weakest, followed by Die Hard 4. Die Hard 2 is pretty good. AOTC is awful.

Even a Star Wars worshipper like myself knows the right answer here...

I love Die Hard 2...the same cant be said for Episode II.