The Mummy vs. The Mummy

5 comments

9 comments

The 1999 movie is far better. Who would have ever thought it possible that a bubble-gum Brendan Fraser flick would be more fondly thought of than a Tom Cruise big budget effort? The 2017 Mummy is all kinds of dumb with NO fun factored in at all.

No contest. 1999 for fun

Truthfully, I couldn't stand the '99 version. The '17 wasn't much better, but I'll give it the nod...

Though I enjoyed the Tom Cruise effort, it remains buried in the sands of its predecessors.

The Tom Cruise effort is hot garbage. Dull plodding watch Tom get his ass kicked for two hours garbage. 99 is way more enjoyable.

Neither is GOOD. Slight edge to 2017, mostly for Sofia Boutella.

yes the 99 version is way better in everyway! funny, great action and a far more believable story with the better villain aswell plus the effects were on par too! can go and on but why waste my time.

Brendan Fraser plays a terrible Indiana Jones in the mummy franchise, but at least he isn't Tom Cruise. Yes the cg is better in the 2017 reboot, but the storyline is terrible. The 99 version was well thought out and made much more sense.

'99 was fun for the whole family, lovable character, good plot, great villain and overall "mummyness". The new one is a flat pile of nonsense. Two mid-season episodes of the walking dead are better.

I prefer the 2017 reboot more. I Loved the 1999 movie when I was little, but then I watched it again recently and thought it was kind of dull, and not much happening in the first hour of the film. The comedy was poor (really Rachel Weiz knocks over book shelves like dominoes theres others but I can't think of right now, mainly the schlock they gave her brother to work with) Jonathan was kind of annoying at times, but whenever the Mummy stuff was on screen it was fun to watch. Brandan Frasier has some great moments I liked his character, but this movie really is an effort for me to watch, because of all the non sense going on before we get to the meat of the movie. I do think Returns is 1000x better. But yeah for this I'll say my vote goes to The Mummy (2017) I think Tom Cruise is a better lead.

I prefer the 2017 reboot more. I Loved the 1999 movie when I was little, but then I watched it again recently and thought it was kind of dull, and not much happening in the first hour of the film. The comedy was poor (really Rachel Weiz knocks over book shelves like dominoes theres others but I can't think of right now, mainly the schlock they gave her brother to work with) Jonathan was kind of annoying at times, but whenever the Mummy stuff was on screen it was fun to watch. Brandan Frasier has some great moments I liked his character, but this movie really is an effort for me to watch, because of all the non sense going on before we get to the meat of the movie. I do think Returns is 1000x better. But yeah for this I'll say my vote goes to The Mummy (2017) I think Tom Cruise is a better lead.

New Mummy sucks dog doo. Just AWFUL.

Re-watched the original and it's just silly. 2017>1999

The new mummy. Tom Cruise needs to improve his acting.