Who Framed Roger Rabbit vs. Back to the Future

5 comments

19 comments

These movies will always be Robert Zemeckis's masterpieces, I think. (Well, them and Forrest Gump.) I dunno, maybe if Roger Rabbit was a trilogy, this would be a harder choice for me, but as much as I love the Toons, I love Back to the Future even more.

Y'know, looking at these posters side by side makes me wish Zemeckis would stop dicking around with the mo-cap stuff and go back to making real movies....

There's been rumors of a Roger Rabbit sequel. I'd agree though, it would be nice to see a new live action Zemeckis film.

Roger Rabbit sequel would be close enough for me.

The humor is probably sharper in "BTTF" but for some intangible reason, I find myself favoring "Roger Rabbit," even though the integration between animation and live action is crude by today's standards.

"Crude"? Seriously? I think that sucker still works, and works well. It's amazing what they achieved without CGI.

I recently re-watched "Roger Rabbit" (VISTA Series DVD) and was much more impressed than I thought I would be. I hereby revoke my previous "crude" remark.

Good on ya. ;-)

best of the childhood!

Back to the future for me. However I really like who framed Roger Rabbit, Judge Doom scared me as a kid and kind of scarred me! Doesn't bother me though, as it has left a fond memory of the film.

I can't say. Both of these films work. They've got different types of humour - BTTF has got a sharper edge to it but it's not like WFRR has less intelligent humour even if it is goofy. They're both very clever films - I enjoy the interaction between animation and live-action especially in WFRR. Even now, it still looks amazing. Both the stories work on different grounds - BTTF works on the premise that Marty accidentally goes back to 1955 and has to make sure his parents meet otherwise he won't exist which I think was handled pretty well, while WFRR works on approaching children but integrating it with as far as it could go with adult themes and an intelligent plotline that didn't patronise the children (which we certainly need more of - take the Toy Story trilogy and Wreck-It Ralph for example). Even though they feel different, they are definitely both excellent in their varied ways.

Both of these movies are the classics that will forever battle to be Robert Zemeckis's greatest masterpiece. However, while I consider both of these films to be some of the greatest movies that were ever made, I'll going to have to go with Back to the Future.

back to the future.

Love both but it has to be BACK TO THE FUTURE AS THE FAVE!

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a good movie (and deserves lots of credit for being good, too; this movie could have been awful!), but it can't even hold a candle to one of my personal favorites, Back to the Future.

Two great Zucker films my favs of my teen years but Back to the Future is funny and dramatic and love all three films Sorry Roger this was hard but Marty wins!

Back to the Future by a mile

Roger Rabbit by 3 miles

Chris Lloyd was fine in both, but I can't remember some good memories from the whole BTTF.

Marty McFly and Doc Brown beats the annoying Roger Rabbit and the guy in the suit with the hat. Who Framed Roger Rabbit's real good though, but Back to the Future is so damn cleverly written with all the time travel jokes.

WFRR entertained me more.

BTTF decidedly, after a re-watch. It's much less silly but also better constructed.

Back to the future is alost the perfect movie.

Both are really good. I'm gonna choose Who Framed Roger Rabbit for its timelessness, for its more endearing protagonist, and its scarier villain. It just barely edges it out.

Back to the Future>Who Framed Roger Rabbit

That's a good question.