The Amazing Spider-Man vs. Man of Steel

6 comments

0 comments

Not a particularly huge fan of either one. I guess I'll go with The Amazing Spider-Man because it doesn't want to be bigger than it actually is.

Talk about reboots that just copy what the original did except 1. Sucking all life out of them 2. Nolanify them 3. Somehow make the drama in those original films look realistic. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Nolanifying your superhero film, except if your film contains a pro-'mericuh (bright red and blue) superhero. I mean geez, man, why has these colorful superheroes have to be this bleak? I mean sure, you have your Avengers and stuff, but don't Nolanify your superhero if he (or the stuff around him) result in looking awkward. You have the Lizard with his cartoonishly evil gas plot, but that's mixed in with Peter Parker having all this overly dramatic teenage problems crap and it just doesn't work. I'll agree with RedLetterMedia on that. But besides that, it was just a weak remake of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man, with lesser swing scenes and lesser fight scenes. The sequel looks worse. Man of Steel was just a lifeless experience. The dialogue is pure exposition, the fight scenes was pure zoom in - zoom out - zoom in - zoom out headache inducing crap, the product placement was horrendous, Superman was beyond bland and all other characters were lacking any kind of emotion and / or personality. But wait! It has a full hour of nothing but action! ...Yawn. So what. I don't care about the characters and an hour of action is boring, not exciting. Ugh. I guess I'll go with The Amazing Spider-Man, which at least seemed to have some kind of fun. Man of Steel was just nothing.

Suck* have* results*. Bleh.

I actually like both of these much more than their predecessors. Man of Steel wins this matchup though.

Amazing Spider-Man is probably my favorite of all the Spider-Man movies, but it still can't beat MoS.

I felt much more of a connection to the characters in Spider-Man. Man of Steel wasn't tragic, but empty thrills and soulless characters really didn't do it for me. Spider-Man it is!

Man of steel I consider it an underrated film instead the amazing spider-man is an overrated film But the victory wins the amazing spider-man for those who have a very very tall face or 10