Scarface vs. Gladiator

6 comments

5 comments

As much as I liked the fact that Gladiator was simply a documentary of how much ass Russell Crowe kicks every day, I had to answer Maximus' ever important question "Are you not entertained?" with a no. Scarface wins.

I'm going with Scarface also. Gladiator didn't do much for me.

Scarface for me too. Gladiator didn't do much for me.

I love Gladiator, but I'm gonna go with the team on this one, Scarface is just better.

The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end, Scarface. Gladiator wins.

Gladiator wins. Scarface was good but doesn't compare.

This is actually difficult for me. Both of these are overlong, overrated epics resting almost entirely on the shoulders of their lead actor and with one famous line/scene ("Say hello to my little friend" vs "I will have my vengeance in this life or the next"). I'm tempted to say Scarface just for being more garishly entertaining while Gladiator takes itself deadly seriously. On the other hand, DePalma's film doesn't have a villain as strong as Phoenix. I had given them the same score on Criticker and Flixster. Netflix broke the tie - I had Gladiator with 3 stars and Scarface with four.

Good matchup. Scarface is easily more quotable and more memorable to most movie fans, but I love the story behind Gladiator more. Gladiator for me.

Scarface. It's been a while since I've seen Gladiator.

Gladiator. I love Scarface, but Gladiator is superior in just about every way.

Tough call. Don't love either. I enjoyed them but they don't rank very high on my list. If i were to sit down and watch one. It would be Gladiator.

Say hello to my little friend, HAH!

Gladiator is a classic, Scarface is overrated.

both very good movies.......but not impressive enough to be called great movies.to me the lead actors were so memorable that i tend to overrate the films historically.3.5 out of 5 stars for each ....flip a coin i guess

The one in which the brother has a thing for his sister.