Scarface vs. Taxi Driver

4 comments

13 comments

Surprisingly easy choice!?

ear
ear

"Why don't you try sticking your head up your ass? See if it fits".> Tony Montana rules!

Intense films that almost define an era of film. Have to go with Taxi Driver.

Taxi Driver by far.

Taxi Driver for me. I always think that although Scarface is very good I dont think its great.

De Niro and Pacino at their best, Scarface has the slight edge in my book.

Two cult classics. Scarface for me.

My two favourite actors when they actually were trying. I'm always weighing these two up. They're so different, but it always is so close between them. I would have to give the edge to Taxi Driver for the better skill shown by the director, stronger characters and better overall performance by De Niro. Taxi Driver sits in my top 10.

For me, the fact that Taxi Driver is nearly an hour shorter is the difference maker in this matchup. I say a good short feature-length film usually beats a good long one.

I loved Scarface, but my enthusiasm of it seems to be diminishing. Taxi Driver is continues to grow on me. I'm gonna go with Taxi Driver

Taxi driver is a better film, come on guys

robert de niro - travis bickle performance, is the best of all times and tony montana in scarface is good but not great so i go with Taxi Driver

Two of cinema's best characters. Travis Bickle is hard to beat, though! And also, Taxi Driver is 7th on my chart and Scarface is 46th!

These both have bloody gun play at the end. While it is true that Taxi Driver doesn't quite match "Say hello to my little friend", overall I relate to Taxi Driver more than Scarface.

When I watch Scarface I feel like I'm watching an entertaining movie; but when I watch Taxi Driver I feel like I'm watching everyday reality unfold. So for its raw intensity I must go in favor of Taxi Driver, though it's not as abundantly entertaining as Scarface.

taxi driver is easily one of the best movies I've seen, but id give the slight edge to scarface.. scarface is more rewatchable, and Tony Montana's story is more captivating than travis bickle's.

Edge to Scarface, but this is so tough....

I'd say Scarface because Manny is the best mang.

Taxi Driver. Nearly half the length, easily twice the quality.

Scarface went too over the top for my taste.