Psycho II vs. Psycho

0 comments

8 comments

This is a great sequel and this series is actually one of the few that is consistently good with each one, but of course the original takes it.

I do enjoy the second but no way is it better than the original

The second one is actually pretty damn good. Obviously it doesn't touch the original though.

Hm...i loved Norman's classic, and LIKED the sequel, easy choice

Psycho II was fine, but it's no match for Psycho.

The original is a masterpiece of experimental storytelling and a staple of filmmaking! Not only is it ahead of its time but it still remains gripping today! Part 2 just fails for me. There was way too much regression in the sequel. It never decides whether it wants to be its own thing or pay homage to the original (there’s a lot of shots and references that are almost eye rolling. Including having the shower scene from the last film as the first scene of this film. It’s like having the "I am your father" scene from Empire at the start of The Force Awakens). It also bugged me how Norman goes back to the house after 23 years of rehabilitation. Of course something’s going to trigger in his mind. It also makes the story and the franchise go backwards when it really should be going forwards! I also think the ending to the film is one of the worst in cinematic history making two films of Norman's development absolutely pointless! Watch the original, skip the sequel that thinks it has to be an 80s slasher meets Psycho callback to be good!

The plot for the sequel just struck me as rather preposterous. Of course the original wins.

Unpopular opinon the Sequel was better. I enjoyed it more. Felt more real than the original. Perfect Story/Plot. It was very unpredictable and yeah I loved it so much. Time to watch Psycho III now. I still for some reason though have put original has my favorite film of all time I'm not sure why tho and I still like 2nd one more. I guess the original is a real classic gem of the past.

The original of course, but the goal of Psycho 2 was not to beat psycho, just to continue telling the story of the Bates family which was really cool.

Psycho is one of the best films but II is surprisingly good