Flight vs. Airplane!

1 comments

4 comments

Whaddayaknow. Two movies about safely landing a plane, both highly regarded...and I personally found both to be just okay. Flight has a couple of good performances and it's generally well directed, but dear lord is it unnecessarily stretched out. That, and the religion subplot didn't need to be forced down our throats. Oh, and the ending is kinda poopy. But eh, it's not too bad. Worth a rental. Airplane! on the other hand has a couple of moments that made me snicker, but there wasn't a moment where I was dying of laughing. Is it really THAT big of a comedy classic? I keep hearing how fantastic it is, but I didn't see it. It's kind of tedious, now that I think about it. I dunno. Many people love it, so I guess it's just not my kind of humor. It's actually very close, but if I had to rewatch one...I would probably go with Flight. I think. Hm.

I'm a raging alcoholic, now I found God, but I'm still a raging alcoholic, ARRRGGGGHHH! = Flight in a nutshell.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking" Airplane for me. Flight could have been amazing, but it was just ok, made good by a solid performance from Denzel, but I was disappointed by the melodrama.

The only thing these two movies have in common is a God D#*N plane- Airplane wins-it might be the best parody film ever.

Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious and stop calling me Shirley.