Django Unchained vs. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

1 comments

9 comments

I saw many similarities between Django and Leone films. Hell, even the music sounded the same at times. As awesome as Django is, it doesn't top what inspired it.

Both are amazing, but I prefer Django.

Well, Quentin Tarantino himself cited The Good, the Bad and the Ugly as his favorite movie of all time. I'm not one to argue with Quentin.

This is water tight. But GBU slips by.

Sadly, Django couldn't quite recapture the magic of Leone's westerns.

The Good the bad and the Ugly is truly a better Western but I have a special love for QT movies. Django Unchained is in my top 10 maybe even top 5 after my last watch!

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is the clear winner here. Easily the superior western. I agree with PiccoloKing that Django didn't quite manage to recapture Leone's magic. It's still a superb film though, but Leone's one, is just freakin' amazing.

I prefer The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Django came out last year, therefore it needs more viewings and time to grow. TGTBATU, on the other hand, is a western masterpiece. It gets the nod.

I rewatched both in the last couple of days and now I'm gonna have to switch over to Leone's masterpiece. Both are still top 15.

Django is the best western in the last 30 years but Good Bad and Ugly is the best EVER! the dialog and cinematography is superb.

Have to go Django Unchained. I love them both but I don't ever get tired of Django.

Not a fan of western nor tarantino

If I had to pick one of these movies to be the only movie I ever get to watch again, I'd pick: Django Unchained

GBU is, without a doubt, one of the best westerns ever, but Django Unchained is my favorite western of all time, so it gets the edge here.