Django Unchained vs. No Country for Old Men

2 comments

17 comments

No country for old men better.

Django by far.

No question- No Country.

No Country is the best film of the 21st century.

No Country felt more like a western than Django Unchained.

I rewatched No Country and I absolutely loved it this time around, so I take back what I said about Django winning by far. Django still wins, but not by much.

No Country for me

Team Coens.

I definitely need to watch No Country again. I have a feeling it will go up more on my list once I do. I feel the same way for Django. My choice for now is Django Unchained.

Both are in my Top 10. Some of the best experiences I've had while watching a movie. I watched Django on Christmas, and I watched No Country alone at night. Django wins, but it's very close.

Pretty close, but I'll go Django.

No country is way better than Django. I like Django nontheless.

After re-visiting Django, I can now say that I absolutely love both. Both are in my Top 40, but No Country is still the winner.

No Country for Old Men beats Django.

No, Country.

Serious y guys, this is no contest. No country for old men wins by far. Both tarantino and Nolan are the most overrated directors

The Coens masterpiece prevails.

Django is the only Tarantino movie I've enjoyed all the way through, as opposed to just liking bits and pieces of it. No Country loses me with the ending, but the first three quarters is so AMAZING, that I think it's good enough to win here. I keep trying with it anyway; I have yet to rewatch Django.

Django Unchained could've been so much more if Tarantino had given a more serious treatment to his material. Some of his stylistic choices I have simply never understood, and they derail the film just when something real and authentic to life is about to materialize. It's like the Coens have built all this tension between Moss and Chigurh, but suddenly decide to insert these lyrics in the middle of the shootout, "Expect me nigga like you expect Jesus to come back, expect me nigga, I'm comin'."

No Country for Old Men is much preeminent...

Both are overrated. But the verbal fluency of Tarantino's scripts gives DU the edge. Am not just talking about vocabulary here, but also the verbal logic and the smoothness of the lines he writes. If he only cuts on the violence...

Django Unchained is a fantastic Tarantino flick, but the only real movie from his that is serious competition to No Country for Old Men is Pulp Fiction, and that's from pure enjoyment not technical film-making. No Country is complex, nuanced, and rewards repeat viewings with new details and better understanding of moral and philosophical ideas. You can watch No Country from many perspectives, I've seen it three times. In my first viewing I thought Anton Chigurh was just a scary badass killer, in my second viewing after I did more research I saw him as the physical personification of death (Grim Reaper), and in my third viewing after watching a certain video I saw him as a ghost (a figment of Sheriff Bell's imagination). When it comes to Tarantino movies, I'll rewatch them just for entertainment purposes but not for real examination. But yeah anyway No Country stomps Django.

I think No Country definitely wins, but Django is a fantastic movie