Iron Man vs. Ant-Man

18 comments

3 comments

iron man for now probably will change after i see Ant-man again, Ant-man has a far superior 3rd act

These films are being compared to each other all over the Net. I can see why. Same story structure in some regard and both are just damn good films and perfect vehicles for their respective casts. I'm surprised to say right now I like Ant-Man more.

These origin films are simply as good as it gets.

I'd go with Ant-Man, Iron Man loses itself at the third act

Battle of the so-so films. These are two of the weakest Marvel Cinematic Universe, but Iron Man is, at least, a lot of fun.

Ant-Man is great but Iron Man will always be the Godfather/Grandfather of the MCU.

Still thinking on it... Ant-Man has many parallels to Iron Man. Villain/mentor relationship, grounded, funny, training sequences, superb supporting cast... Iron Man was nominated for an Oscar SFX and Ant-Man should flat out win the award.

Back that train up just a bit. Both Ant-Man and Iron Man are as good as it gets.

I can't wait to see what the consensus on Ant-Man is in a year or two once the novelty wears off. I think it's one of the weakest MCU films, a huge misstep, and not in any way comparable to the original Iron Man. Yes, the studio's first film had a terrible third act (a common problem in their movies, honestly), but compared to Ant-Man is funnier, smarter, and edgier, features a much stronger leading performance (I love Paul Rudd but he is dull AF in this movie) and a better romance (where the hell did that kiss come from?).

Maybe once I've seen Ant-Man a few more times, it may get old and I may not like it as much. But right now, it's actually my favorite MCU movie. So, it wins for now.

JRM
JRM

Very surprised there are people are voting for AntMan in this matchup.

Love 'em both, but I'd rather watch Ant-Man quite frankly...

Ant-Man was fun, but it's definitely "lesser Marvel" to me. Iron Man wins.

Iron Man is better.

Anyone else love that Flickchart is using those fake fan made Ant-Man posters in their rotation? Ant-Man in Scarlett's cleavage and on her ass! LOVE IT!

The first MCU film is still the best one.

Edge goes to Ant-Man for more fun throughout.

Ant-man was surprisingly good, but Iron Man was ground breaking.

Ant-Man is probably the funniest MCU movie alongside Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2, but Iron Man is better

IM1 but ant-man was fun too

Iron Man by light years, the best MCU Origin story (and the only good one since Incredible Hulk isn't really an origin story), the rest ranges from alright (Thor 1) to inexcusable garbage (Shang-Chi)

Iron Man is much better, it's still the MCU's best origin