Iron Man vs. Kick-Ass

11 comments

5 comments

A while ago I might have said Iron Man, but Kick-Ass is holding up more for me on repeat viewings. Both excellent Superhero films nevertheless.

Kick Ass is superior. It's very entertaining,witty and a boatload of fun.

The truth is...I am Iron Man.

Iron Man has more to offer. Kick Ass is funnier but that's about it.

I didn't get the appeal of Iron Man. Kick Ass was a better and funnier movie overall.

Iron Man is an instant classic. Kick Ass is a juvenile mess that didn't know what it wanted to be.

Kick-Ass. Far more memorable cast of characters.

I'm going with Iron Man here, if nothing else it has that Marvel charm, KA kinda felt like a cash grab to me.

Iron Man could literally be exactly 100 times the better film.

Kick-Ass a cash grab? You're starting to make less and less sense with every day that passes.

Surely anything Marvel/DC is infinitely more cash-grabby than the original Kick-Ass. Anyway, Iron-Man, while enjoyable thanks to RDJ's crackpot-cool charisma, is my pick for Marvel's most overrated venture.

Besides: Vaughn raised the money himself, since the studios doubted the success it would have. Marvel can just poop out a film, and they know it will be a hit regardless of the quality of the film (case in point being Iron Man 2). I'll stop, but this is just silly talk.

Is this a joke or something. Iron Man is a classic. Kick Ass is Kick Ass.

I'm really not a fan of Marvel Studios and the generic films they throw out but I can't even deny that the first Iron Man is a good film. I wish they went back to more films like that. That being said, I do like Kick-Ass more. Such a great concept and the overall style of that film is eye popping.

Kick-Ass sucks ass.

^Yep agree.

Ironman still gives me joy even after like 50 rewatches.

ear
ear

Iron Man kicks ass.

I disagree. Kick-Ass is more fun and rewatchable, though Iron Man had the better protagonist for sure