Guardians of the Galaxy vs. The Dark Knight

6 comments

20 comments

The Dark Knight by far.

Zeus > "Boo" tista

"Uh yeah but uh THE DARK KNIGHT has a higher RottenTomatoes score and it uh made more money in its opening weekend therefore THE DARK KNIGHT MUST be better than guardians muhwhatever. Also layered. Also brilliant. Also Nolan equals genius. Also Marvel sux aß."

How about the one that doesn't desperately require 15001 pop culture references to be relevant. "Ooh, I made a Footloose reference, look at how "with it" I am". I'll take the film that doesn't require such a crutch.

I've seen one or two critics complain about that, but they really are talking out of their ass. The Footloose reference is the only, ONLY pop culture reference that's given some attention, and it isn't even that much. There are quick references to Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Maltese Falcton, but that's it. It's not overloaded with pop culture references, it really isn't. If you had actually seen the film, you would've agreed with me. Or, more likely, not, because you're a fanboy who hates Marvel regardless what they put out.

Sorry, fellas, this isn't even close, in my personal opinion. The Dark Knight still remains the greatest comic book movie to date. Guardians was a fun movie but was nothing special. I liked the look of the movie, the action and the humour, the characters (especially Starlord and Rocket), but it never "wowed" me. I just came away thinking, "well, that was fun". It was just an entertaining movie. TDK was on a whole other level. It expanded on what Batman Begins had established, lifted its intensity, and it had the Joker. The Joker alone was far more interesting than anything in Guardians. So, whilst I liked Guardians, TDK is somewhat of a masterpiece of the genre.

Well, I have never been much into the Dark Knight hype, but even I think that it's significantly better than Guardians.

Yeah Dark Knight. Although Guardians is much better than the other two Dark Knight movies easily.

The Dark Knight is much better

I love TDK, but I'd rather be watching Guardians....

Dark knight

Guardians

Guardians wins.

Guardians wins

Guardians of the galaxy

TDK by far,

Guardians of the Galaxy is way more rewatchable and enjoyable than most superhero movies, but not this one

No contest. TDK slaps both GOTG

The Dark What? People don't even remember it at this point.

Aren’t you the same guy who said Superman 3 is better than The Dark Knight Rises?

GOTG is hella overrated, the second one is much better and i'd take the weakest nolan movie over that, TDK stomps

Lots of smoke here but no fire. GOTG is better but there have been far better CBM's then both of these movies.

Love Guardians, one of my favorite Marvel movies, but Dark Knight is far better

GOTG is one of my favourite MCU films, but I gotta go with TDK here; I've never been a big fan of the "Nolan style" personally, but TDK is almost inarguably a great superhero movie. GOTG is still a lot of fun, but I doubt it'll be considered "one of the classics" in a few decades - at least not on the same level as TDK.

The Dark Knight rips Guardians apart

Guardians is arguably the most entertaining MCU movie, even then The Dark Knight is the best comic book movie