Drive vs. Looper

5 comments

2 comments

Two fantastic movies that deserved far more publicity than they got and makes for an incredibly difficult decision. Drive but my opinion could sway at any moment.

Maybe small publicity was the best for both? That way, stupid audience members won't go in saying "WHEREZ TEH STUPID ACTION AND STUFF!?!?" Well, I guess that does apply for Drive in a way since people went into it thinking it was another installment of the Fast and the Furious franchise. Hell, a woman even filed a lawsuit for false advertisement because it seemed so much like another Fast and Furious rip-off; look it up. Looper was probably the coolest thing I saw from 2012 aside from Django; it was creative and pretty damn cool. Drive was completely similar. In terms of which film blew me away more, I gotta say Drive. That fuckin' soundtrack is awesome.

Looper for me, but Drive is nearly in my top 100.

In a lot of ways Looper is the Drive of 2012 for me. Both released in September, had strong early word and featured distinct visual and narrative styles. I went into each of these knowing little about the films' specifics and my expectations were low. Both impressed me immensely and went up among my favorite films of their years (I believe I rank each #9 on my 2011 and 2012 lists). That being said, I preferred Drive quite a bit more.

Looper wins easily.

Drive. I personally didn't care much for Looper.

JRM
JRM

I consider Drive a perfect movie. Looper has quite a few flaws but it's still a fantastic, fresh sci-fi film.

Drive is one of the best movies I've ever seen, so yeah. I did love Looper though.

Definitely Looper.