Drive vs. Moon

3 comments

4 comments

This is a good pairing. On one hand you have "Drive" - a generic action/hero plot-line told in a masterful, subdued, and saturated way; on the other hand you have "Moon" - a sparse, mindbender that takes cues from 2001 and others to make one question certain moralities. I think that the lead actor's performances need to be the decider and in that case Sam Rockwell wins even if it was by a razor thin margin. Moon for the win

Two of the better movies of the past few years. Fantastic matchup.

Drive...all day over Moon.

Two very acclaimed movies that I fell short of loving. In both, I really appreciate the great acting, but somehow found myself short of actually enjoying the films themselves. Incidentally, I happen to have just finished watching Drive for the first time, and saw Moon for the first time only about a week ago. Perhaps a little more time and space from these will clear my perspective a bit...

Both very good, so close. Drive has a slight unfair advantage in that I have seen it more than once and most recently, whereas my memory of Moon is not so fresh. I'll go with Drive for now, although this could very easily change with a repeat viewing of Moon.

Moon. Moon. A hundred times Moon. It's infinitely better.

Fantastic, effective films, but Moon accomplished so much more for me.