Drive vs. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

5 comments

11 comments

Close matchup but LOTR reigns supreme.

I gotta go with Drive on this one. Just my opinion not worth arguing over, pretty close though.

Return of the King is too epic to lose this matchup. It was the first fantasy film to win Best Picture I think. And it did it with authority, 11 Oscars.

Return of the King.

I Really don't know about this one. Sure, Lotr is Epic beyond belief, but sometimes less is more.

Drive wins in a ridiculously close match up...

Theres one thing that beats Lotr and it isnt Drive so Lotr wins by a lot.

Lotr

lotr

Just to even it up lol.

Drive takes it out for now.

AHAH I HATE MYSELF LOTR

Drive. It just might by one of my favorite movies.

Lord of the Rings by far.

Lord of the Rings over Drive any day....

So close. Fate decides. My opinion could change daily...

ahhh now this is a tough matchup. I'm going with Drive. I like it just a bit more.

Wow this isn't easy for Drive why they lead all the way for it, RotK by far

Not to be that guy, but I find Drive to be overrated. Stylistically it's great, but substantially less so. It's good, I definitely like it, but not as much as nearly everyone else. Return of the King crushes.

Return of the King definately wins.

Return of the King easily

LOTR wins every time at my opinion

It's so difficult to compare ROTK with much smaller scale films like No Country for Old Men, Taxi Driver, and Nightcrawler because they are on equal footing in terms of quality but just go for completely different things. It's like do you go for the more extravagant experience because it simply offered more or with the minimilistic movie because it's just as good but used much less. ROTK wins this one for now but with a rewatch of Drive this could change.