Psycho vs. The Godfather

26 comments

27 comments

Very hard!

Not hard at all. It's Godfather all the way.

very hard, i am horror buff

How in the world do you make this decision? I think I'm going to go with The Godfather, as it is just so deep and rich. More rewatchable than Psycho.

Tough decision... I'll go with Godfather by a smidge.

Psycho all the way! The music, the camera work, everything iconic.

Psycho is a horror film well ahead of it's time. But The Godfather is simply better.

Wow! Hardest choice I've had to make so far. Um, eenie, meenie...

Psycho was much better

The Godfather is better. I gotta give it to Psycho though, good tracking shots

Im going with The Godfather, but a good match up discussion

The Godfather all the way.

Come on you motherfuckers it's Psycho thumbs up to all you who voted for it with me.

Come on you motherfuckers it's Psycho thumbs up to all you who voted for it with me.

Wow, uhm hard one... Psycho is not only much more in my personal wheelhouse, I feel like it was a better made and more influential film.

In a way they're ideological opposites. The Godfather just gives audiences everything they want, and sometimes comes off as an exercise in vicarious glamor, where you share Pacino's ups and downs and the grimness never lasts too long; Psycho was all about gaming the viewers' expectations and then stabbing them to death. So, Psycho.

The Godfather stabs Psycho.

Psycho by far

The Godfather.

As much as I love Godfather, I'll have to give it to Psycho. I love epic crime dramas, but I also love me a good thriller like Psycho.

Gotta go The Godfather here....

TGF by faaar.

The Godfather.

Not even Hitchcock can touch The Godfather---that there, says a lot!

TGF just impressed me more.

"Psycho" has absolutely no fat and is a far more precise while remaining more innovative and experimental. I also think Hitchcock's version of reality is wholly more convincing than Coppola's so really no Coppola film can touch a Hitchcock film when Hitch is in top form. No, this really isn't a close debate in my mind.

The Godfather is more my style, but both are fantastic.

Psycho. As much as I love Godfather

Definitely The Godfather.

The greatest horror/thriller vs. the greatest drama/mafia movie. Really apples and oranges, but that's okay as it comes with the territory of this site. No disrespect to Godfather, but I personally prefer Psycho.

Psycho for me.

Godfeather.

The Godfather was amazing, but you can't fully enjoy it without tagging it along with its sequel. Psycho on the other hand is just perfect.

Godfather

Psycho fo' sure.

Godfatha fo' sure.

gaar fata mane janis?

Close but I'm going Godfather.

Tough, tough choice. The two films are great in such different ways. The Godfather has almost impeccable production values, and an top-notch ensemble cast; Psycho is probably Hitchcock's most auteur-ish film (excepting Vertigo). I go with Psycho, but I feel like I'm betraying The Godfather.

Psycho by far. I prefer Godfather : Part 2 to The Godfather

The Godfather is one of the best crime films ever made, but does not transcend the crime genre as many people claim. Psycho, on the other hand, is as Hitchcock said, "pure film," and the viewer leaves giddy with awe.

Difficult!

I'm going to have to go with Psycho. I think overall The Godfather is better. :(

Psycho.It had a shorter run time and was more entertaining

Solid matchup. The Godfather takes it with a fair amount of ease though.

both are incredible films but i don't like the godfather much. i'll take psycho

Battle of objective and subjective. I don’t overly love The Godfather. In fact, I was disinterested in the second act. Psycho is just perfect. The risky storytelling, the iconic filmmaking, the interesting characters and it’s influence. Hitchcock=the best filmmaker of all time!

lud
lud

Norman Bates

2 masterpieces!!! But The Godfather takes it for me.

I like psycho better but The Godfather is good too

ear
ear

The Godfather rules this match up.

Impossible decision. I guess I'd rather watch The Godfather at the moment though.

The don owns here..

Look both films are great these two are considered the greatest movies ever made and I couldn't choose but I would say godfather is the best but psycho is more rewatchable

love psycho, but godfather wins

Look I love Psycho but The Godfather wins this

I Love Both But Man, I Don't Know If This Is Close, The horror, Setting, Villain, Buildup & Ending Is Why Psycho Takes It. Also, Anthony Perkins>Al Pacino. Psycho Wins.