Psycho vs. 2001: A Space Odyssey

7 comments

9 comments

There is no other matchup that would be more difficult. The two best films of the 60s, and the defining motion picture of their genre. Psycho was the film that got me into films, and it holds a special place in my heart, but the artistry of 2001 is undeniable.

I love Psycho, and it's in my top 50 films, but this isn't even close.

Psycho is one of the greatest films ever made. 2001 is one of the greatest sleep aids ever made.

Psycho for me, it's just more in my taste than 2001.

Both in my top 5 Psycho was the best of it's genre but 2001 invented a new genre there 2 very good films but I'll have to go with 2001

Another one for Psycho.

12 cabins, 12 vacancies. Come on, Psycho hammers the laborious 2001: A Space Odyssey.

For me, it's the greatest horror of all time vs.the greatest sci-fi of all time. Absolutely love both of these legends. Both are in my top 15. I side with 2001. As much as Psycho shocks, 2001 still has a greater, more lasting and more profound impact on me. Thus, it wins.

Psycho is so much better.

In my opinion,Psycho is Hitchcock's best,but l still am going to have to go with 2001.

Psycho wins in a tough call...

I'll go with best of your genre. In this matchup's comments, Psycho is overrated

I just switched these around in my 2 and 3 spots. 2001 is now one better after I saw it in a theater. Psycho provided immediate pulp thrills that made me think it was better after I hadn't seen 2001 for awhile, but no... no.

2001 by meters.

ear
ear

2001 wins in a tough call.

2001 in a really close call between two great films.