Psycho vs. Rope

15 comments

6 comments

HITCHCOCK. I like Rope more than Psycho. IT IS JUST BETTER. AND MORE SUSPENSEFUL. AND CRAZIER BECAUSE OF THE SINGLE CAMERA TRICKERY GOING ON. AND PSYCHO IS KIND OF BORING AT TIMES. AND JIMMY STEWART IS A DREAMBOAT.

Ooh, my favorite Alfred Hitchcock film taking on my least favorite. Psycho obliterates Rope.

I love both of these, but Psycho gets the win.

Hitchcock isn't my favorite, but Psycho delivers in spades. On the other hand, I thought Rope was sleep inducing. Easy choice for me.

I'm going to go with Rope, not a big fan of Psycho.

I loved em both, but Norman Bates gets the win.

Psycho and Rear Window make up Hitchcock's finest whilst Rope makes up Hitchcock's underrated films. Psycho is too damn good man!

I love Rope, but it doesn't stand a chance against Psycho.

Psycho is the better film here but Rope is amazing considering it takes place in one location the entire film. Very impressive.

I actually prefer "Rope." I just find it to be the more suspenseful film.

I give this round to Rope due to its faster and more smooth pacing and the fact that it has James Stewart in it.

Rope is indeed underrated if you ask me. It's in my top 50 all time. It's also one of my top 5 favorite from Hitchcock. But Psycho is in my top 10 all time and second favorite from Hitchcock. Vertigo > Psycho > Rear Window > NXNW > Rope.

It's Psycho, but Rope deserves a bit more love.

Psycho wins, but North by Northwest was much better than both.

Rope is abysmal in comparison.

Psycho is one of the best films of all time, and my number 2. Rope is really good as well, but it doesn't stand a chance here.

Rope is overrated. They ham too much philosophy into it and it loses that trademark Hitchcock suspense toward the end. Psycho has a variety of elements all working their magic throughout.

Rope is really good but Psycho is another level!

Psycho did somethung Rope did not, which can't go unnoticed, and that was become a pop culture phenom that spanned generations.

Rope is criminally underrated in the Hitchcock canon imho, I even rank it above a lot of Hitchcock's classics such as The Birds or Vertigo, but Psycho is probably still my all-time favourite Hitchcock movie

I like Rope a lot but it's no Psycho. I love James Stewart but I find him a bit off in Rope and it takes me out of the movie a bit.

I owe PSYCHO another viewing, It didn't do much for me the first time around. ROPE gets the nod this time, but once I finally get back to PSYCHO, that could change.