Mr. Smith Goes to Washington vs. It's a Wonderful Life

2 comments

6 comments

Jimmy Stewart, oh how we miss you!

This is an epic battle, It's A Wonderful Life is a great movie, but Mr. Smith gets the edge here because it's as relevant today as it was back then.

Oh my god... i just dont know what to pick. This is the matchup that could destroy me on the inside.

I'd say both films are very relevant today. I give the edge to It's a Wonderful Life because I just find its message more profound (though both films have important messages).

This is just about impossible. Mr. Smith has aged amazingly well, but It's a Wonderful Life is the more classic of the two.

Jimmy Stewart's two best! Very hard choice. I'll take Mr. Smith in a close one.

Changing my mind. Both all-time classics and flawless movies. They are about as even as they could be. But It's a Wonderful Life just makes you feel so good after you watch it.

Just love 'em both....but Wonderful Life takes it...

I really dislike Wonderful Life, except for the parts with the angel. It's such a maudlin homage to a small-town America that never really existed, with plenty of digs at people who would be so callous as to maybe want out of such a stifling, depressing environment. Mr. Smith is cornball and full of cliches, from the sassy female reporter to the very name Jefferson Smith, but it's a lot more likable than Wonderful Life.

I just watched both of these for the first time today and what do you know? I loved them both. I give the slight edge to Mr Smith.

I'm going with It's a Wonderful Life.

James Stewart is my favourite of all time! Love "Mr. Smith" but it's hard to go pass Wonderful Life!

Mr. Smith was an excellent Jimmy Stewart film, nonetheless Wonderful Life is a billion times better.