The Seventh Seal vs. Citizen Kane

4 comments

3 comments

HOLY BALLS THIS IS A GOOD ONE. Objectively I can't really say, both are brilliant. Citizen Kane is surprisingly innovative and blah blah blah, and The Seventh Seal is great because I loves Bergman and existential angst and blah blah blah. If I'm asking myself which I want to watch right now, it's The Seventh Seal. If I try to project ahead in my life and ask myself which movie I will have watched more times before I die, that's also The Seventh Seal. So it wins.

Part of me dreaded this coming up, but when it finally did, the decision was easy. Sorry, Hitch.

Seventh Seal- although it wasn't easy.

I enjoy watching Citizen Kane much, much more.

Two parts of me are picking two different movies. Both are classics. I guess Citizen Kane is better.

Yeah yeah, Citizen Kane is Citizen Kane. As it went on, I just felt more and more disconnected with this movie. Excellent technically, but not interesting enough otherwise. The Seventh Seal is a masterpiece. Of course, it's not very accessible, especially for the Marvel crowd that doesn't like subtitles, but overall it's so haunting and resonating. Yeah, pretty obvious choice for me here.

Seventh Seal. The existentialism of Seventh Seal is much more interesting than the Character study of Citizen Kane.

ear
ear

Two masterful films that totally achieve what makes them so highly respected by film lovers worldwide. My personal preference is Citizen Kane but The Seventh Seal is just as groundbreaking and flawless n its execution.