Southpaw vs. Rocky

2 comments

9 comments

Rocky is the far better boxing movie and movie in general.

Southpaw should be titled "The Depressed Rocky" because that movie spends it's first two acts trying desperately to depress the viewer with tragedy and angst.

I much prefer Southpaw to Rocky. Although Rocky is a classic, I have never been impressed by Sylvester Stalone's acting. Gyllenhaal, on the other hand, is one of my favorite actors of the past decade and is quite believable in his roles. I thought Southpaw was well shot, with good acting, and a good (although depressing at times) plot.

I much prefer Southpaw to Rocky. Although Rocky is a classic, I have never been impressed by Sylvester Stalone's acting. Gyllenhaal, on the other hand, is one of my favorite actors of the past decade and is quite believable in his roles. I thought Southpaw was well shot, with good acting, and a good (although depressing at times) plot.

Rocky is the much better movie. The characters are more likely which helps you with watching the movie. However, Southpaw is just too depressing, randomly ends and the fact that the child actress is completely unlikable

The only Rocky movie that Southpaw stand a chance against is V.

I like Southpaw more than most, mostly because of Gyllenhaal's incredible performance. I didn't see Rocky until I was like 17 so I have no nostalgia for it like a lot of people, but I still like it quite a bit. This matchup is actually very close for me, but I guess I'll side with Rocky.

The best sports movie of all time vs. The worst

The worst? No way. Is it better than Rocky? of course not, but it isn't the worst. In fact, It's better than Rocky V, Rocky Balboa, and maybe even Creed. In fact, I would say Creed vs. Southpaw is a better match up.

Southpaw was kinda awful, actually. So melodramatic. Rocky wins big...

I really like Southpaw but there is no topping the classic

Wut? Rocky....

Fall from the Top vs. Rise to the Top. Rocky is a better film, but I still think Southpaw is really underrated and underappreciated.