The Maltese Falcon vs. Charade

2 comments

2 comments

Soooo so hard. Brilliant storytelling in both. Fantastic ensembles in both. Totally rewatchable, both. These are almost dead even. I'll go with Charade this time, but I can't think of a way to really break the tie or even justify my choice.

Charade it is....Falcon is one of the few Bogey movies I just couldn't get into....

Yeah, this is practically a tie. Cary Grant was a little too long in the tooth when Charade was made, so I'll use that to justify me picking The Maltese Falcon here. I could change my mind later, though.

I loved both of them, but to be honest I was slightly disappointed with the ending of The Maltese Falcon. I'll take Charade. Also Cary Grant > Humphrey Bogart

I enjoyed The Maltese Falcon but I feel its overwhelming reputation unfortunately, made me disappointed in it. Charade is one of the best film experiences I've ever had. And yes, Grant>Bogart.

Two of my favorite. Charade is lighthearted while Falcon is more serious. Both have witty and charming protagonists in Grant and Bogart. This is tough for me. I have this newfound affinity for Charade, but Falcon has been a staple in my top 20 since I've been a member of this site. Thus, Falcon just feels like the right answer. This may change over time if I watch Charade again, but for now it's Falcon.