The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe vs. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

3 comments

6 comments

It's the battle of the fantasy movies with incredibly long titles!!!

I did NOT like Narnia at all. I just hate the old fairy save the flower kingdom fantasy movies.

I consider both of these movies to be on the same level: okay, but nothing special. I'm going to go with Crystal Skull, though.

This is definitely a hard one, but I'm also going to go with Indy. KCS just has an undeniable charm that Narnia is lacking.

its basically down to a lion vs a fedora, fedora wins every time.

Aliens or Narnias? I'll go for Lewis

There's a lot of marquee-clogging here. Look, even with the detractors, some Indy beats no Indy at all. The Narnia films just...well, blow. Insipid adaptations of pretty excellent books.

Marvelboy888 has no opinion that us as intelligent humans should care about

Its funny how this is even a disputed discussion.

The first Narnia movie is hardly a masterpiece; it's far inferior to the original C. S. Lewis novel and feels, like most of Walden Media's family-friendly features, like something that came off the assembly line. But there are some great performances (my goodness, Tilda Swinton as the White Witch!) and moments (Lucy discovering the wardrobe). What does Indy 4 have? Shia LaBoeuf communicating telepathically with monkeys. A turd of a movie.

I agree with nclyslnder. Narnia was far from great but it had it's moments. Crystal Skull was pretty bad.