Stephen King's The Shining vs. Doctor Sleep

0 comments

2 comments

The baseball boy scene beats the hell outta this garbage re-adaptation. I wish I could say Doctor Sleep was a great movie but that ending pretty much ruined it. I missed the cancer steam from the book as well as some of the most important twists, such as Abra and Danny being biologically related and the entire plot point of her grandma. Replacing the cancer steam trap was that hideous scene featuring the ghosts, damn it. That being said, I really liked, like, 67% of it, this is, the first two acts. It's very well acted - highlighting Rebecca Ferguson that stole the scene as Rose, the Hat. The Shining is actually an overlong crapfest, TRULY BORING and horribly acted. It requires patience and it does not reward it. Easy pick here.

The baseball boy scene alone beats the hell outta this garbage re-adaptation. I wish I could say Doctor Sleep was a great movie but that ending pretty much ruined it. I missed the cancer steam from the book as well as some of the most important twists, such as Abra and Danny being biologically related and the entire plot point of her grandma. Replacing the cancer steam trap was that hideous scene featuring the ghosts, damn it. That being said, I really liked, like, 67% of it, this is, the first two acts. It's very well acted - highlighting Rebecca Ferguson that stole the scene as Rose, the Hat. The Shining is actually an overlong crapfest, TRULY BORING and horribly acted. It requires patience and it does not reward it. Easy pick here.