For a Few Dollars More vs. A Fistful of Dollars

15 comments

11 comments

A true toughie...

Interesting. Both movies are among my favourite westerns, and while A Fistful of Dollars probably had more influence on cinema, I'll go with For a Few Dollars More, because it's my favourite Leone western, and just a highly entertaining movie with a suberb score and one of the best showdowns in movie history.

I love both,but I'll go with Few Dollars more.

I have to agree with the others, For a Few Dollars More. You can feel the spaghetti oozing out of both of these.

A Fistful of Dollars for me, it seems tighter overall and it's what got me interested in SW's

For A Few Dollars More is a fantastic sequel.

For a Few Dollars More

Fistful of Dollars is even stronger.

The Cleef.

Few Dollars more, the addition of Lee van Cleef escalates the sequel besides A Fistful of Dollars is nothing special. Its just a rip off/remake whatever of Kurasowa's 'Yojimbo' As far as I know, the sequel is original...

The fact that A Fistful of Dollars is a remake of Yojimbo strikes me as being utterly irreIevant. A good movie is a good movie, regardless of the source material. I really enjoyed For a Few Dollars More when I first saw it (even more than A Fistful of Dollars), but it bored me the second time around. A Fistful of Dollars holds up better after repeat viewings, so I give it the edge here.

Yeah, I was wrong. Caesar was right. That said, I do prefer For a Few Dollars More now. The addition of Lee van Cleef was awesome. I still like the first film, especially more after re-visiting it....

I'm going with a For a Few Dollars More. But not by a large margin both are wonderful.

Definitely For a Few Dollars More. Better cast, more emotionally engaging story, better theme, better villain. My favorite of the trilogy, probably.

Fistful of Dollars for me, it just feels tighter. I like Fafdm alot but it's still my least favorite of the Dollars films.

A Fistful of Dollars is a remake of Yojimbo, one of Akira Kurosawa's great films. For a Few Dollars More is a great western in it's own right. Sergio Leone knew how to put together an overpowering score. Fistful is the better film because it stays true to the original in Yojimbo, which is fantastic.

I knew this was coming. Ah, both are great but For a few dollars is a little more entertaining.

For a Few Dollars More has the better story and is more entertaining, so it gets my vote.

For a Few Dollars More is my favorite of the whole Man With No Name trilogy.

Fistful of dollars is the weakest of Leone's big 4. 1ST GOOD BAD AND UGLY 2ND PLACE -TIE BETWEEN FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE ANS ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST. FISTFULL OF DOLLARS THOUGH OVER AVERAGE IS A DISTANT THIRD .......IMO.

Van Cleef was a nice addition to For a Few Dollars More, but I honestly think A Fistful of Dollars is the more entertaining and beautiful film. It feels slightly more otherworldly, and Eastwood's presence is just that much more mythic in it. Parts of For a Few Dollars More bored me to tears, which doesn't make me optimistic about The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

Fitful to me is weaker than the other two films despite some very surreal scenes. Gotta go with For a Few Dollars More. It's just incredible. I go back and forth for my number one spot in the trilogy with FAFDM and TGTBATU.

It it bad that I can't tell the difference between the two off the top of my head???

A Fistful of Dollars is more entertaining due to 2 reasons. 1, it has a tighter script. 2. The dialogue is a little more iconic.

Both strong westerns. For A Few Dollars More is more original to me because i have no idea where Leone stole it from. After watching Yojimbo A fistful is just not that strong anymore.

Both are great! But For a Few Dollars More was a little better

I like both of them but for a few dollars more barely gives you a chance to breathe and relax since there’s a lot more action and suspense, it’s also a classic revenge story too

Both are phenomenal movies, but I'll go with A Few Dollars More. I think it just comes down to the casting. Van Cleef is an amazing casting choice and does a wonderful job in it. That being said, Eastwood gave one of my favorite performances ever in A Fistful of Dollars. The writing is solid for both even if I'd just barely give it to AFOD. Overall, I think A Few Dollars More was a bit more entertaining and engrossing for me. But all three are great

For A Few Dollars More was a little more fun and grounded for me, so that's my choice. A Fistful of Dollars, while great, initially didn't give me the reaction I was hoping for when I first saw it. I have grown a bit warmer toward it though

Fistful is much better, Few Dollars is the weakest of the trilogy.

For a Few Dollars more is amazing. I feel like with all three movies they changed the format and uppped the stakes.

A Fistful of Dollars has more Spaghetti Western charm