Toy Story 3 vs. Toy Story 4

7 comments

3 comments

on 6/19/2019

on 6/22/2019

Toy Story 3 felt... off, in a way I can never seem to describe, as well as emotionally manipulative. I still came around to loving it, despite what I perceive to be its flaws, but TS4 nails the spirit and feel of the first two in ways the third movie simply never does. It's near the same rarified air as the first two for me, whereas TS3 is way further down. It even might be as funny as, if not possibly funnier than, TS2. That is the craziest part of all this for me; I scoffed the most at people calling it the funniest in the series, but I can see where they're coming from. Give me TS4 any day.

on 6/22/2019

Toy Story 3 wins...but 4 was so damn good...

on 6/30/2019

This is a matchup that would be sure to get many comments in the future. Toy Story 3 was a perfect conclusion. The entire third act was heartbreaking and bittersweet. I was worried a fourth one would've ruined that conclusion, but instead, it carried on the franchise in a very satisfying way. Toy Story 3 is a conclusion for the toys as an ensemble, while Toy Story 4 is definitely a story about Woody. Life wasn't going to end in a 'happily ever after' way after 3 so it was fascinating to see Woody on the backfoot at the beginning of the movie. He cares for Bonnie despite not being played with and hasn't gotten over Andy or Bo. Toy Story 3 is a story of growing up and the cruel reality of letting go in order to move forward- and reinforces the idea that you need to be played with to be loved. Toy Story 4 is about being happy for yourself and going into your own direction. Both have great morals. Personally, as much as a blast Toy Story 4 was, I preferred 3. It's story is just more interesting and there's more emotional sequences. Toy Story 4 is absolutely hilarious but the plot does feel kinda... aimless. Also, Lotso is without question the best villain in the series!

on 6/30/2019

Series should have ended at 3. 4 is okay but needed.

on 6/30/2019

4 is better of them all.

on Jan 4

Complete as the trilogy was successfully as good indeed but 3 had a charming rite up together in a modern well endless here.

on Wednesday

Eh, they should have kept it a trilogy. One too many.

on Thursday

They should have left it at 3

on Thursday

Absolutely enjoyed number 4 but number 3 had a better pacing modern of a part.