Captain America: The First Avenger vs. Ant-Man

3 comments

8 comments

Captain America: The First Avenger

Just wonderful origins films that makes you proud to be a cinema fan in general in this golden era.

I'm was surprised with Captain America winning this one, then I saw it's going against Ant-Man.

Two refreshing comic book heroes and movies. Just what the genre needed both.

Very close, but I'll give a slight edge to Ant-Man. Captain America does get better on repeat viewings however, and it's telling that, despite being my least favourite of the three CA films, the fact this one is a good as it is speaks volumes for the quality of the rest of the films. Once the dust has settled on Phase 3 of the MCU, I will try to watch all of them again in order to re-evaluate.

Both are exceptional origins and exceptional movies. Cap gets the edge methinks. "I'm shaking your hand too long aren't I?"

I would prefer watch Ant-Man. The first Cap is kinda... dull

I’ll take First Avenger

ant-man by far, TFA is overrated and dull

Ant-Man is very underrated and deserves more love, it’s a really well-done origin story

technically how anyone being involved with captain american here, certainly it is dumb forgettable bad, antman isn’t anything flawed down likely captain american

I actually want to go with TFA here, but I think Ant-Man is just a slightly better executed origin story. Definitely very close for me, tho.

Ant-Man is a lot of fun, Louis possibly the best comic relief sidekick of them all, it was annoying they didn't utilise him nearly as well in the sequel. The first Cap is over-rated IMO. Ant-Man win.