Captain America: The First Avenger vs. Inglourious Basterds

6 comments

9 comments

Hmm, could make a good marathon about fictional nazi-killing! Captain America was good, but Inglourious Basterds wins.

Both of these films are ranked high up on my Flickchart, but I think Inglourious Basterds is just a bit higher.

Beat dem Naaazis! Cap delivers the better adventure. Basterds delivers better grit. Cap led to Avengers so a bonus boost from that factor.

Basterds had the better directed scenes, better script and more memorable characters. "That's a bingo!"

Captain America was cool; definitely my favorite of the stand alone 'Avenger' flicks. But Inglourious Basterds is one of Tarantino's best movies, in my opinion, so I'll go with that. It's relatively close though.

Inglourious Basterds is one of Tarantino's best movies. Yet, it still falls below Captain America. That says a lot right there.

Both were like fanfiction, but at least I had some good dialogue and was inspired in its delivery at times. CA is easily the blandest of the superhero origin films (but then it was the blandest of superhero comic books as well, so the film was pretty much doomed from the get-go with such lackluster material to translate.)

Both are entertaining but Captain America gets the nod. Cap did just about everything right and the character is as complex as any in literature.

I love when Hollywood re-writes history and kills Nazis when doing so! Both such great fun films.

Cap America is great second only to Iron Man 1 in the Avengers solos such a cool flick but the Basterd movie was a storytelling masterpiece a great fictional war film that may be the best movie of the past 10 years funny and the drama/action was so compelling and a marvel to watch.

The script of Inglorious is just so good and it's plot and the characters are so spot on it gets my vote

I'll go cap

"...nd the character is as complex as any in literature." Hahahaha! Take away his internet privileges. Take 'em away.

"Hahahaha! Take away his internet privileges. Take 'em away." I legit lol'd. I like Cap and all, but I'd rather watch Tarantino get his Hitchcock on. His movies were already on the "extremely entertaining" end of the spectrum, but then he stops laughing, goes, "No, seriously, though.", and makes Basterds. Like I said, I dig the bestarred Avenger, but, uh...no.

The first Captain America is one of the few highlights of the Disney Marvel movies but it doesn't compare to Inglourious Basterds.

Captain America, I found Inglorious to be too slow, and also, I didn't like all the subtitles I had to read.