Se7en vs. The Godfather

12 comments

26 comments

We've found ourselves lost again. Two great films of their decade, featuring great performances and such. Screw it, Im going with Se7en. I like watching it over better than The Godfather.

Se7en is really good, but against The Godfather in re-watch factor and entertainment, it losses miserably. The performances are much better, even though Brad Pitt is really good in his role, it doesn't measure up to Pacino and Brando who gave it their best in these roles.

The Godfather is a masterpiece. But somehow, I' going with Fincher's best here.

I'm*

Love both. But I can only pick one...and The Godfather wins.

Ill barely go with Se7en i really need to rewatch The Godfather.

The Godfather made its bones when Se7en was going out with cheerleaders!

not that hard, godfather wins!

The Godfather is overrated, but I see how it "works" for people. Totally at a loss with Se...7...en. S373n. 5373|/| dawg

the godfather wins

I'd like to see John Doe face the Corleone family.

With John Doe, the head wouldn't be that of a horse O:

They probably hired John Doe to decapitate the horse.

Se7en is much better than that old trash piece of shit Godfather is

Se7en is Fincher's best. The Godfather was a waste of time

How can Godfather be a waste of time???? I mine, the first time I watched it, I wasn't immediately loving it. It wasn't until my second viewing that I came to adore one of the best movies ever

Exactly what happened to me SLionsCricket, now it holds a respectable spot on my chart.

Sorry Se7en, but as amazing as you are you ain't beating The Godfather.

You're fucked if you think GF is an old piece of trash movie. It definitely wins in my book.

Masterpieces.

Se7en is amazing....But we all know what's better....Can't believe Connerwood1998 hates the Godfather. Seriously? It has about 20 amazing and iconic sequences that keep you pumped for the whole film. If you hate all of that, WOW, I'm just shocked

The Godfather easy...So much re-watchable content. Greatest film ever made IMO

7 times better.

I think Se7en takes the win for me. The Godfather is a legitimate contender against Se7en for sure.

Let's start a streak, Se7en wins. But it is close.

The Godfather trashes Se7en.

I've watched both twice, both are brilliant, but Godfather holds up better.

Both are world-class films, and represent what real cinema is about! Se7en narrowly wins this matchup.

The Godfather wins, but Se7en is not far behind.

Love se7en but lets not fool ourselves.The Godfather is far better

obviously The Godfather is better than Se7en

Damn! What a matchup! I'm going with Fincher on this one!

Going with The Godfather...

ear
ear

The Godfather knocks this out of the park.

se7en isn't even in the same league. Godfather is the definition of superb. se7en has good performances in a "make you feel like crap" movie.

lud
lud

John Doe > Michael Corleone

I'll take human head in the box over horse head in the bed.

The Godfather pretty easily

I need to rewatch the godfather.