Se7en vs. American History X

15 comments

3 comments

Tough choice. I love both these movies but I am into the macabre way too much not to pick Se7en

Agreed. Both are great but Se7en is ever so slightly better for me.

I don't get the big deal about 7. It was very ordinary and predictable to me. American History X takes this one.

Ahhh. I'd have to say Se7en because of 1) David Fincher, and 2) the relationship between Brad Pitt's character and Morgan Freeman's character.

se7en edges out , only because it makes it feel it's easy to make a thriller.

Se7en is full of thrills and has one of the greatest finales in history.

I've seen Se7en multiple times and just saw American History X again recently. This isn't close for me. I liked American History X, but it didn't have nearly the impact on me that Se7en did.

I loved everything about Se7en. The acting, the story, the director. But I do think it's a little overrated. American History X blew my mind.

Both films have very depressing endings (which are totally warranted and help to enhance the quality of both films). I'll go American History X because it's the only Ed Norton performance I like and had more impact with the ending.

Se7en didn't have Edward Furlong. Plus, it's the best thriller ever.

Eddie Furlong one of the most overrated actors in film history.

I preferred AHX, plus I think se7en is quite overrated.

I agree with bananaboy.

Se7en is a lot better, the acting in american history x is not good, other than nortan and his brothers performance. Also the story was kind of boring in some places of history x.

Seven for me as well.

These movies are equally fabulous in their own right. Both endings are magnificent, but American History X manages to get closer to the feels.

AHX is great, but Se7en is my favorite Fincher movie.

Gotta go AHX in a close one...