Hard Target vs. Street Fighter

6 comments

3 comments

Glory to JCVD! Glory be to JCVD!

Oh, hell no, dude. Hard Target is Van Damme's best.

Hard Target for me also.

Maybe his fifth best. Fourth or third if I'm feeling generous. SF and Timecop stomp on Hard Target. Universal Soldier is probably better too. Kickboxer, Replicant and JCVD are about even with it.

Street Fighter, I'm not gonna argue with you about. You cherish it and there's a fun factor there that people are going to enjoy to various degrees. Universal Soldier, nope. Timecop's cool, but nope. Take Woo, a legend, and give him one of cinema's finest actions heroes (fuck y'all, I'm not kidding) and you get Hard Target. You get top-notch action, any way you slice it, and you get your cheese factor. The others have got the cheese and the fun, but not Woo's action. Woo's action seals the deal.

Plus, he punches a fucking snake! A snake!

OK, I've delayed it enough. This week I'm gettin' my Woo on. Predictions Tory, how will l respond to The Killer and Hardboiled? Off the bat I'll tell you I'm hesitant.

I know you're not really into sentimentality, so The Killer's probably going to rub you the wrong way. But then again, male bonding... Hard Boiled, on the other hand, is just balls-out insane. If you can deal with Woo's inherent sappiness, you'll probably get a kick out of that one. I'm curious, myself, as to what your opinion's going to be.

Hard Target wins this easily