X-Men: The Last Stand vs. Hulk

12 comments

4 comments

Oh sick....

Two pretty bad comic-book adaptations, but X-Men3, despite being the worts X-Men movie is still better.

All the X-men movies beat the hulk.....

Hulk is more interesting to me. I don't think people give Ang Lee enough credit for really trying to actually bring a comic book to life on the screen. I'm not saying Hulk is without flaws, but it's a thinking man's comic book movie, while The Last Stand checked its brain at the door.

I rag on The Last Stand a lot on Flickchart. I really do kind of enjoy it, but in the brainless way I enjoy a lot of action movies.

Ang Lee's Hulk is the most underrated of the Marvel films. It's not great, but it's not terrible. He'd be great at directing a "Professor" Hulk film (with Peter David writing the script). X3, while not as bad as some say, is clearly a step down from the previous franchises. I'd have to go with Hulk because at least Ang tried something a little outside the box, whereas Ratner's lackluster product showed signs of clear laziness.

One pretty bad comic book adaptation, the other one is a good comic book adaptation. Hulk wins. Ang Lee does need some credit for that movie. The action scenes were awesome

hulk wasn't very good but X3 is one of the worst comic book films i have seen .

When you break X-Men 3 down, it's hardly any worse than Hulk or Spider-Man 3. In fact, it works as a popcorn flick. Sure, there are too many pointless deaths, Angel was irrelevant to everything and how Mystique literally disappears from the film is inexcusable, but its fast pace and action scenes do make it quite enjoyable. Besides, I didn't think the first two were all that great to begin with (they're bland as hell when you compare them to DoFP and First Class). It's not very good, but it's way more enjoyable than Hulk.

And those who say that The Last Stand is 'as bad' as X-Men Origins really should rewatch both films back-to-back. In not a single way is The Last Stand as horrendously and shockingly awful as Origins.

I still maintain that, while the highs in it are very high, the lowest lows in ANY X:Men movie are squarely appropriated by First Class. Say what you will about The Last Stand (which I find enjoyable enough), and say what you will about Origins (which, yeah, is hella stupid), the straight up dumbest shit you'll ever see in any X:Men related material (up to and including sewing Deadpool's lips together) is right there in First Class. Dumb enough to tussle with Ang Lee's quaint little sackless, soap operatic family drama. Ang, I know you where tryna make all those vaginas tingle with your comic-book version of a Katherine Heigl movie, but you need to stop with your oestregen supplements. Jus' staaahp.

Two of the worst comic book movies ive ever seen. X men has better characters so it wins

The Last Stand wasn't bad enough to lose this one...

Hulk, its very underrated

Hulk wins easily, imo.

x-men the last stand very underrated but Hulk is just shit