GoodFellas vs. Se7en

22 comments

10 comments

GoodFellas is more popular, but I prefer Se7en.

Se7en is very good movie indeed, But GoodFellas is definitely better.

Seven is thrillingly horrific and the clear winner here.

"Goodfellas" has really never done much for me. I see the appeal and even kinda appreciate it, but it's not one I'll come back to.

Se7en scores an easy win here.It's just too damn good.

Goodfellas.

Im going with Se7en here.

Se7en is great but, Goodfellas 100%

Tommy De Vito may lose his temper if he sees John Doe.

Two of my favorite directors (Scorsese and Fincher) and two of my favorite actors (De Niro and Pitt) and two amazing movies, but I am leaning slightly towards GoodFellas.

Goodfellas by far.

2 of the best films of the 90's but Goodfellas is THE best film of the 90's in my opinion.

GoodFellas is this package of brilliance from Scorsese and Pileggi. Fincher is my favorite director, and Se7en is a masterpiece, but GoodFellas comes in as the overall better film.

WOW. Both changed my life, but I gotta go with Goodfellas, it's my favorite mob movie. Se7en is better than Fight Club in my opinion.

After my last viewing a month or two ago Se7en jumped quite a bit on my list. One of the films it passed...Goodfellas.

Even Se7en cannot surpass the brilliance of Goodfellas.

To be honest, Se7en didn't insight me, I liked some parts but didn't love the overall film.

Im nit the Biggest Gangster fan but Goodfellas is one of the better films but overall i just love Seven way more but both are masterful!

I really enjoy Goodfellas but Se7en is a much more thrilling viewing experience.

Slight edge to Se7en...

goodfellas by a good margin, se7en is still a top 20 film tho

fellas

Goodfellas definetely is one of the best scorsese movies ever!! se7en is so damn overrated!!

Tough one but I think Goodfellas wins this one

Goodfellas is better in every respect

Se7en for sure.

Fincher over Scorsese here.

So close but Seven is scary good.

No contest: Goodfellas all the way. Se7en is good, but I still struggle to see why so many people consider it a masterpiece; it's just a fairly standard (albeit very well-executed) detective flick to me...

Goodfellas without a doubt

Okay, over some retrospect, I think my opinion here is changing. I think Se7en brought out more emotion for me. Goodfellas built up an entire life and tore it down with pure style. But Se7en is a gripping crime thriller masterpiece. A complex and philosophically rich movie with some of the best cinematography I've ever seen. Even Goodfellas can't compare to it

Overall, I think I'll give a very narrow edge to Se7en

ear
ear

Without a doubt GoodFellas deserves the win here.

Seven became an instant fav and it holds up on rewatch, but Goodfellas is the best of the 90's.

Changed my mind, Goodfellas wins here

Tough but has to be Goodfellas

GoodFellas is so thoroughly entertaining it makes 2,5 hours fly by like it's a second. Se7en is amazing in its own right and has that deliciously dark ending but i think the winner is still Scorcese here.

The mob masterpiece triumphs here.